Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Retaliation

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have been super freakin busy and stressed so the gym has been the last thing on my mind. I haven't been sleeping well and I thought maybe working out might help... (that and I am sick of the daily "what-am-I-going-to-wear? No-that-makes-me-look-fat. ew-gross. I-can't-take-this-any-more. Screw-it-I'm-wearing-a-sweatshirt!) So this morning I dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 10 and finally beat the urge to crawl back into bed and made it out the door by 10:45. I got to the gym by 11 and hit it hard. I biked 5 miles, went a mile on the eliptical machine and lifted weights for about 20 minutes. It felt so good to get out and do something; the last couple of weeks I have just felt gross and lazy. I finished my workout in just under an hour and made it back to my dorm by 12. I'm now starting to think I should have eased into things a little more. I woke up this morning with the idea that I was going to kick my butt into shape...but now my butt (and thighs and calves) seem to be retaliating. I was walking to lunch and realized I looked like a bowlegged cowboy...perfect. Tomorrow morning should be a joyful experience.

1 comment:

Framboise said...

Hey, I have recently re-joined the gym as well. I was feeling exactly like you, all saggy and loose, lately. I kept postponing going back to the gym, until last friday I just picked up and went! After a one-hour workout on both friday and saturday, I went to a family party I had on Sunday looking like I had just given birth because walking hurt so much (lol) I skipped Monday, but I went back today, and I feel ok. So hang on in there and good luck ;)