Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WHAT THE HECK?!?....Who does that?

One other story to note:

Megan, Kaitlyn and I went for a walk this evening and it ending up getting dark before we got back. On the way back to our dorms, we had to cross a major road that goes through our campus. We noticed that the "don't walk" sign was up, but the light was yellow and going to change. We looked both ways, saw no cars and started to cross. Halfway across the road, the light changed to "walk" and no cars were anywhere near us. When we finally crossed, a cop literally jumps out of the bushes and starts walking toward us. Keep in mind: three girls, alone, it's dark and a man has just jumped out of the bushes. We realize he is a cop and he stops us for jaywalking. He lets us off with a warning and that was relief. BUT WHAT THE HECK KIND OF COP HIDES IN THE BUSHES??? Is that like a sick joke?!?....scare the piss out of some girls who are alone at night?? We said "you freaked us out coming out of the bushes like that." He responded with "yeah, well, at least I was kind of in the light. My buddy who is like 6'5" and 250lbs likes to hide way up in the trees so you can't even see him and then come rustling out." Oh, well thank goodness we only got you....you freak. I told my Mom about it and she and my Dad think I should call our Department of Safety here on campus. I think I agree. I will call tomorrow and let you know what they have to say.


This is the warning I received...it's a card that tells me what website to visit in order to learn about traffic laws. Fantastic, now where can I get a card that tells me how to defend myself from people who jump out of bushes?

No comments: