Sunday, April 09, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm new at this, so bear with me... My Aunt has one of these things and her blog is very cool. I decided, even though it's late in the year, that a blog would be a great way to keep my family posted on my current adventures. I am a college freshman-been one for almost a year and I still like hearin' it. I live an hour away from where I go to school...close enough to go home, but far enough that I am getting that "away from home" experience. I love it here, don't get me wrong, but lately I have been feeling like the only place I want to be is back at home. I only have a few weeks left of my first year and then I'm outta here.

I am SOOO looking forward to summer...ahhh warm weather...sigh. I am not sure why I am so anxious for summer-it's not like it is going too be much of a break. I am taking classes and working; prospects of a golden tan are looking a little grim. I think I am most excited about being back with my best friends and the fam. I am very close to my family; can't imagine going a day without talking to at least one aunt, uncle, cousin, grandparent, parent...ok, you get the picture. I'm a very lucky girl- lots of people love me!! I miss everyone like crazy and chattin' on the phone doesn't really cut it.

I miss my girly-friends too...Meg, Di and Trish. We are quite the foursome. We all go to school within an hour of each other, but we never seem to be able to get together. Everybody has such busy schedules. This week though...Reunion Time! We are all going to stay with Trish for the night. I am so excited I can barely sit still. I haven't seen my girls in FOREVER! We have tons to catch up on...one night may not be enough.

Now, however, I must devote myself to my homework. It was such a beautiful weekend, I pushed everything else to the side and decided to just relax. It was a nice break, but papers and tests that are coming up in the next week need a little attention. Dang. I will be back though...this blog is already becoming addictive. TTFN

1 comment:

jt said...

Yay! I'm so happy you're blogging now, Michelle. It'll be great to read your posts, and see what you're thinking while so far away from us... because as much as you're missing home & fam, we're missing you more!!! XOXOXO, Aunt Julie