Monday, March 12, 2007

(Sort of) Spring Break

This last week I was home for spring break...haha. Kind of a cruel joke...give us a week off for "spring break" and we end up with more snow than we got on winter break. Lovely. (Can you tell I'm sick of winter?) Anyway, the week went by very fast, and was really relaxing. Early in the week, I went to my cousin, Sammy's, middle school play. He didn't have very many lines, but he sure looked like a stud up there on the stage! Nicely done, Sam!

(Sam...The tall, silent type....well in the play at least ;) )

After the play, Aunt Julie, Uncle Kevin, Sam, Mom, Dad and I went to Logan's Roadhouse for dinner. I laughed so much...what a blast! It was kinda like a triple date and Sam and I were dubbed "cutest couple." :D

On Thursday, I made the trip to Traverse City to go visit Mike and his family. We went downtown for the afternoon to have lunch and check out the little shops. We also went and walked around by the water's edge and walked out on the floating dock. It was a gorgeous day and wasn't too cold to be out and about. However, there was still enough snow to make it a work out....DEEP snow. We were walking along and all of a sudden one of my legs is burried to my thigh in snow. The wind had built snow up along a wall, making the unlevel ground look even. so there I was, one leg stuck in the snow and the other poised for my next step.....to stay the least, I was very surprised. Mike stood there laughing, until he realized I was stuck. He hauled me out....I was very glad he was there....I would have been there until I thawed out if I had been on my own! Out at the end of the dock, the view was awesome! The top layer of the water was a sheet of ice and you could follow cracks out as far as you could see. Open holes in the ices showed dark, bottomless water. GORGEOUS! (Mike and I....hard to get both of us in....he is yeti-tall)


(There we go! This one is much better...and we are giggling cuz it took about 6 pictures to get this good one :D )

Later that night, his parents took us out to dinner at The Bowery on the peninsula. It is an old mansion that has been turned into a fancy restaurant in the front (Bower's Harbor Inn), a family restaurant in the back (The Bowery) and rooms for rent upstairs. The Bowery is really cool and rustic (think moose heads and big fire place). The coolest part of the building though, is that fact that it is famous for being haunted. A woman hung herself in the elevator shaft years and years ago and it is rumored that her ghost still resides in the building. There are several accounts of ghost activity documented in the building.....Very cool. Anywho, because it is winter, many people forget about traveling out on the peninsula to the restaurant. We had the entire place to ourselves so we were seated directly in front of the HUUUUUGE fireplace. Awesome atmosphere and really good food too.
On Friday, Mike followed me back home and spent the rest of the weekend at my house. We went to see Michael perform for forensics on Saturday and let me tell you...WOW. He did soooo well. I was really impressed and so was Mike. Michael was so professional...blew everybody else outta the water. Good job, Mikey!!

Mike and I headed back to school late afternoon on Sunday. I got back here and unpacked and then did all the homework I should have done over break. Today was the first day of classes and I am already ready for summer break...sad, I know.

Whew.... And we're all caught up! Barring any problems, posts will be more frequent now, I promise ;) TTFN

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Hey thanks for coming to my play Michelle! And I definitely agree, we were the cutest couple! ;)