Sunday, March 18, 2007

Only if You Have 2 Cans of Hairspray, Scrub Brushes, Good Friends and Arnold-like Strength....

This last week, I had an anatomy test on Thursday. I had been studying all week and in the past, I have found rewriting my notes was very helpful. I have a huge white, painted brick wall that I thought would be perfect to use as a writing surface. I used dry erase markers to write my study guides on the wall. I checked to make sure the markers came off before I went to town, and they came off just fine....well, for a while. About 8 hours later, I checked again and found that the ink wasn't coming off....CRAP. I tried all kinds of wipes and cleaners and nothing was working. finally, Mike suggested hairspray and that took a lot of it off, but the bricks are full of little holes that got filled with ink. I scrubbed for two hours and went through a whole can of hairspray, but still couldn't get all the ink off.

The next day, Kaitlyn and I went to Walmart and bought out the cleaning section. We cam back and changed into our cleaning gear.....old shirts, shorts and our chemistry goggles...hot, all I can say. Anyway, we found that Mr. Clean magic erasers removed most of the ink left outside of the holes. After that, we both grabbed srub brushes and cans of hairspray. We had to soak a small section of the wall in hairspray, scrub in small circles and then move to a new section. The hairspray reacted with the paint to remove some of the pigment and create a gluey, white covering. I'm not really sure if we removed the ink or covered it in sticky paint, but I'm not sure I really care. The brushes we were using flung hairspray/paint like crazy so we were covered in sticky white spots. We finished in about in hour and let the wall dry. We washed it down several times, but it still smells like a prom queen's hairdo....and just as sticky. The good news is, you can't even tell how big of an idiot I was....and I got an 85% on my test.

No comments: