Monday, August 27, 2007

Shh....Don't Tell PETA

Oh...I feel so guilty. Icky, horrible guilt.

My fish is dead. I killed him.

My fish made all kinds of noise; he would go to the top of the water and blow bubbles...blurp blurp blurp....and the go to the bottom and move the glass stones in his tank....tink tink tink....so loud he would wake me up, if I was lucky enough to fall asleep in the first place. Last night he was so loud, I took him to the kitchen. This morning I talked to Mom and she said I should just flush him...okay, sounds easy enough. Well, I told the girls what I was going to do, and they flipped...."Don't flush a live fish! I don't want him swimming in our toilet!" Yeah, yeah, yeah, alright....and besides, he was looking at me like he knew what was coming.

So, to fix the live-fish-in-toilet problem, we decide to kill the fish in the bowl first and then flush him. Deirdre suggested soap; a quick swallow or two and he would be dead. We saw no problem with this logic so she added a big squirt.....yup, we soaped him. Did he die? NO....in fact, he seizured a couple time and then started bleeding from his gills. We are all screaming..."Oh God! I killed him! Wait, he's bleeding.....AHHHH make him go away!! DIE...Why won't you DIE?!?" We could take it anymore and so I took him to the bathroom. The little bugger sat directly in the middle of his tank, staring at me, and feebly opening and closing his mouth. Greeeaaat....that sight is going to haunt me for a while. I finally tipped his bowl into the toilet and sent him swirling to his final fishy resting place. He's gone, but I still feel guilty....I'm a fish killer....a big soap-squirting, fish killer. :(

No comments: