Friday, August 10, 2007

Rants.....And A Raving Good Time

Oi! What a morning.... I got up early this morning to run some errands in town. I made myself presentable and headed into the bank; I needed a money order made. I went today to have fingerprinting done for my job, and the company that does the background check only accepts money orders. I had a lovely little chat with the teller-fellow at the bank and got my money order, no problem. I then headed over for my appointment to have my printing done, made my way to the third floor, followed all their signs to a dark deserted classroom and come to find out...no fingerprinting for me. The woman behind the desk informed me that I had the wrong form, even though I got it from them. Apparently, I was supposed to just know that the form was for teachers getting background checks, not people in the health field. Well, how stupid of me. Turns out, my employer has to go online, register me, fill out a form and then I can go get fingerprints. Now, this would not have been so frustrating (I was trying very hard not to kick the lady in the shin...or face) if this was the first time something went wrong with my fingerprinting.





I have already been fingerprinted. Yup, by the state police. Why again, then you ask? Well, because the police were being very organized and lost them. Four weeks after the fact, I call looking for my results, and they can't find them anywhere....no record of any kind. "Um, are you sure you had them done?" Well, I might have imagined the burly little cop waddling down the hall in front of me and trying unsuccessfully to make convo, but no, I have a receipt stating that I payed you $65 dollars to jerk me around, thanks. Well, not only did they lose my prints, they also decided that they no longer are doing printing....too hard to keep track of, maybe? Right, anyway, so they sent me a check refunding my money and sent me to the idiots I encountered today.





After 2 hours of run-around, I said screw it. This is technically my employer's responsiblity. She has to have the information for the state, and if she can't find the form or figure out what she needs to do, that's not my problem. She wants this information so she won't be fined by the state, yet I am paying the money to have it done.....she can at least find the correct freakin' form.





Ok....rant done and blood pressure slowly returning to normal. Thank you for your patience. Now, happier things....





Mom and Dad went out of town the other day (this is not the happier thing, just the start to the story). Michael and I decided to fight boredom together and go get coffee downtown. We took my laptop and fiddled for an hour, and then decided to go play with my camera for a while. *side note....does anyone else feel touristy carrying a camera around downtown? I sure do. But we aren't just snapping photos of those nice statues-we like to defile them with slightly dirty acts... anywho, moving on* We took a bunch around by the Tridge and at Emerson Park...'twas good fun :).



Later, we headed home and made chicken alfredo and cherry cheesecake for din-din....mmm tasty. Nothing beats boredom like a little quality sibling-time :D.

No comments: