Friday, August 24, 2007

Hello from College!

Hello all! I am all moved in to my apartment back at school and I LOVE it!! We have a townhouse style apartment, so we have a living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and storage closet downstairs and four bedrooms, a bathroom and a linen closet. Our dining room and kitchen are completely put together...all cupboards are organized, etc. The living room is a little scattered yet; we are waiting on some furniture that is being brought by Mom and Dad tomorrow.






Kaitlyn and I are sharing the downstairs bathroom. It is done in black, white and yellow and is plain, but cute and very functional.





My room is soooooooo great. I love the way it turned out; the pictures look great and it is super cozy. I love being in my room, and it will be great for studying.
The view from the door....


The wall to the right inside the door....

The wall across from the door (same wall as looking in).....
The wall to the left of the door....The wall the door is on (looking into my closet)......


The girls and I are acclimating to living with each other in such close quarters. We are getting along very well and having a really great time. Deirdre and I went today to go grocery shopping for the first time which was fun, but eye opening at the same time; I didn't realize how expensive groceries are and how tempting it is to just throw things in the cart....thank goodness we made a list first! Dee and I also went to the gym this morning. We walked there....chances of gaining lots of weight this year are slim to none if we continue to walk everywhere...quite a little hike!

I feel like this is going to be a really great year for me. I love the apartment and our neighbors. We are already making friends. The maintainence guys for the complex are our age and live across from us. We met when we first moved in and made a point to talk and get to know them. We are getting to be pretty good friends and now we are getting all the problems in our apartment fixed in dang good time! I feel like I am in an environment that is going to be really great socially as well as for classes. Everyone is really friendly and the apartment/my room is perfect for studying. I am soooooo happy!

No comments: