Sunday, August 06, 2006

CRUNCH TIME

I have four days left of chemistry...that's right...FOUR. I am so excited I could cry...but at the same time, so stressed I wanna curl up in a ball and sleep through until Friday. I have been having trouble sleeping the last couple of nights, my skin is revolting against me and I have gnawed off all of my fingernails except one....its turn is coming. I am taking a break from studying right now to give my poor brain a rest. I have a crazy week coming up....Two exams, a quiz, a lab and a final exam. Our professor said to expect the final to take a full five hours.....FIVE!!!!! Dear mother of God.....The final is only 77 questions (all multiple choice..yuck) so that gives you an idea how involved the questions are. I don't think I would be as stressed if so much weren't riding on the outcome of this class. I have to have at least a C (not a C-) in order for my grade to transfer. Otherwise, my class for fall gets dropped and I have to try and find a new one after EVERYONE else on the entire campus already has their schedule...can you say knitting 101? That will help me in my application process into opt. school... "please let me in....I'll make you a sweater!"

Not only do I need to pass for fall, it's also a personal pride issue. I am currently averaging like a high C or C+ and it just about kills me. I hate it. I have never done this bad in any class I have ever taken...EVER. And the worst part is, now that I have started out this mediocre...I most likely won't be able to pull my grade above a C+. The grade won't transfer over to school, only the credit....but knowing that I earned that grade is still upsetting. I guess the only thing to do now is kick butt this week and hope for the best on the final.

All I know is right now, it's crunch time. Gotta go chain myself to my chemistry book and say goodbye to socializing....sleeping....breathing....ya know, the small things. :S Wish me luck....I will let you know how it goes when the smoke clears and the dust settles. TTFN

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Hey Michelle,
Good luck on those big tests, I know you can do it!