Friday, June 16, 2006

Bob Evans: Down on the Floor

WELL..What a night! I went to work tonight around five, like I do every other night. I worked for a couple hours and everything went fine...the crowd was thin, but no major problems...until around 7:30pm. I walked out to my table with a pitcher of ice tea to refresh their drinks and suddenly felt sick. Not like "oh gee I better go to the bathroom, I might throw up"...no more like "look out! she's gonna blow chunks!" kinda sick. I turned around and the floor started to tilt and my vision went black; that's the last thing I remember. Apparently though, I stubbled to the drink station, knocked the ice tea pitcher flying and then proceded to pass out. I smoked my face on a wall partition next to our drink station and then fell backwards on to the floor. When I actually came to I was shaking uncontrollably and was staring into the face of about 15 people. I had no idea what happened. A man in the resturaunt happened to be an EMT and he came over to help. An ambulance was called and I was taken to the ER. I felt fine enough to walk, but I had to be wheeled out of the resturaunt on a stretcher; as if I hadn't made enough of a scene already! A couple of the girls I work with who were right there when it happened, came straight over to the hospital when their shifts ended. It was really nice of them. They stayed and talked with me and my parents for the whole evening. At the hospital, I had blood work done, a cat scan, and an EKG....the results: I am perfectly healthy and everything was normal. Diagnosis: they have no idea what happened either. Hmmm...Mom and I were talking and we think that it was probably low blood sugar. I ate a big lunch, but it was six hours prior so that might have been the cause. I feel absolutely fine now..no headaches or anything. I will probably have a little bruise above my eye where I hit the partition, but nothing major. I am just glad I didn't split the skin or break my nose; it could have been MUCH worse. The doctor said I am fine, but to take it easy for the weekend and not to drive for 24 hours. I have work again tomorrow night and I am going to go ahead and go. I feel fine; no use sitting around if I don't need to. However, I am willing to bet tomorrow night will be a little less eventful...hopefully. :)

1 comment:

jt said...

Oh where, oh where has little Chelle-Belle gone...
Oh where, oh where can she be...
With blog posts cut short and June now long gone...
Oh where, oh where can she be?