Monday, July 03, 2006

PARTY!

Okay, so it has been quite a while since my last post. I have been crazy busy the last couple of weeks. So I guess we need to play a little catch up...

Calculus is over...thank god. i took my final and it was one of the hardest tests I have ever taken. It took three hours to complete and by the end I was lucky I could remember my name and how to get home; my brain was worthless. However, I ended up getting a C on my final-better than I thought I would- and a B for a final grade. It was a tough class so I am happy.

Chemistry class starts on Wednesday and I am actually kind of nervous. I at least had some calculus before I took that class. This class will be all new information at a very fast pace. We will see how it goes. I like chemistry and it usually is pretty easy for me so hopefully it works out well.

This last weekend, I spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday in St. Clair Shores with two of my best girl friends, Trish and Meg. We stayed with Meg's boyfriend, Jason. Saturday night, Jason's street had a block party. What a fricken blast! We got there around two and the party started at four. It was so much fun. The roads were cblocked off at both ends and everybody on the street headed out to their lawns to bbq and party with the neighbors. I met so many cool people and had so much fun...and yes a couple of drinks too, but hey we were safe. I met this really awesome guy named Brandon who lives a few houses down from Jason. He was really sweet and very, very cute. We hit it off really well and exchanged numbers. We may try and get together again sometime, but he lives in Chicago in the fall and winter so I don't know what will happen there. Probably nothing, but we'll see. The party finally broke up around 4AM and all our friends conked out on the floor of Jason's basement. There had to be at least 15 people downstairs on air mattresses. The next morning, actually day, we all woke up and spent the day lounging on the mattresses, napping and watching Disney movies from way back when. It was a lot of fun. Last night was more subdued; we played cards and Jenga and went to bed around one. We got up and finally headed for home around 2PM. I was kinda sorry we had to leave, but the party had to end sometime. This weekend was the most fun I have had in a long time...it was a great little vacation.

I have to be in at work tomorrow at 9AM. I took an early shift so I could be out to do what I want tomorrow night. I think a bunch of us are going to catch the fireworks down at the tridge. It should be a good time.

Well, it's off to bed for me....TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly. Just thought I'd say hi.