Tuesday, October 06, 2009

You Really Should Get a Pair of Wooly Boot Socks. Trust Me.

It's been raining. All. Day. Long. I'm not upset by this...not at all. I really enjoy the gray rainy days here cuddled up with Indy. I wore my pajamas all afternoon, sipped hot tea, watched Disney movies and roamed my apartment in my wooly boot socks.


I also baked pumpkin seeds this afternoon.


Rolled them in a little olive oil, covered them in seasoning salt and baked them at 400 degrees until crunchy and golden brown. Yummy, yummy.


Yesterday, I went home in the afternoon to help Mom by doing some yard work. I started by weeding and planting her daffodil bed. I finished, and nearly killed my sorry self, by weeding and raking her shrub border as a surprise for when she arrived home. It didn't look that big at the beginning, but caught in a picker bush 4 feet from where I started, made it seem miles long. However, I kept at it and finished before she arrived. She was so happy she thanked me by giving me a gift card for a local spa here in town.
I have been going back and forth about whether I wanted a full mani/pedi, or a Swedish massage. After more waffling and the advice that I can't rub my own back, I chose the massage. Woo! I made an appointment for Thursday afternoon; it will be my first massage. I'm nervous, but I'm so sore from the lawn work and the hard workout I did yesterday evening that I am really looking forward to it too.

Because I can do my own mani/pedi, that's how I spent the last couple hours. I removed the peeling, eight layer thick red polish from my toes and soaked them in a hot foot bath with Avon foot soak.

It felt sooooo good. I also soaked my hands in warm water and then did cuticle treatments and filing on both my fingers and toes. I finally did coats of polish: shell pink for my toes and clear for my fingers. They look and feel so much better!


I would just like to say, I probably wouldn't have had the problem of keeping my cat out of my foot bath at the spa, but I am still glad I chose the massage.

No comments: