Friday, October 09, 2009

No Sven...Cheesy Potato Soup, A Purse and Some Whiskers Instead.

I went to the spa for my massage this afternoon....GLORIOUS! I love it. There was no hunky Swedish man named Sven, but there was a lovely woman named Shapel who did wonders for my sore muscles. She is a massage therapist and very good at her job...I left feeling like my limbs were ten feet longer than usual and was ready for a nap.

Before I went to the spa, Dad came over for lunch. I made chicken salad sandwiches and cheesy potato soup....Holy flippin yummy.

Cheesy Tater Soup
1 bag frozen, southern style diced potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
Onion
Velveta Cheese

Place potatoes in crockpot and pour in broth. Add milk until potaoes are covered. Add soup and sour cream, mixing well. Add diced onion to own liking (i like lots, 1/4 to 1/2 cup). Turn crockpot to high and let simmer until hot....add small pieces of Velveta, again to own liking, and stir until melted. Top with crumbled bacon and green onions and serve hot.

After lunch, I got a call from my apartment manager....Indy won "cutest pet" in our complex's pet photo contest! Woo! $25 off my next month's rent....Here's the winning shot:


This evening, Mom and I headed into town for a little bonding...ie shopping. We headed to Kohl's where we found a perfect rug for my front door...needed something bigger now that wet shoe weather has arrived.


 I also FINALLY found a new purse....I love it!

It's a great raspberry color with LOTS of space. Indy gave it his stamp of approval.


Finally, I noticed tonight how prominent Indy's Sensei whiskers have become...



"If you can take the tuna-flavored cat treat from my paw...."

No comments: