Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year, New Beginning

The new year has officially begun...Happy 2008. I have had a full month off and have no idea where the time went, but I am really lloking forward to heading back to school. Lots of things have happened over the break...let me catch you up.

Work: I worked several days this break back at the assisted living home. I wish I was able to work a few more, but I took what I could get. Not much was different....a resident passed away over break which is always sad, especially around the holidays. Other than that, the work was the same...worked a LOT of midnight shifts...screwed with my sleep royally.

Health: I managed to wrangle in a sinus infection right over Christmas. I'm just now getting rid of the residual cough. Nyquil is my friend....in fact, I'm thinking I might be an addict.

Love: Not so much. Troy called it quits...over the phone...after I gave him all his gifts, watched his dog for a week and spent the night at his house. He said he wasn't ready for commitment (opposite of everything he said just a few weeks before) and was scared of hurting me in the future...translation:cop out. The sadness is ebbing....not really for what I lost in him, but for the loss of potential. He presented himself to be so much more than what he actually was. Not a bad guy...he is extremely immature, handled things horribly and is just not the right one for me.

Friends: Thank God for good friends. The girls came over the night of the breakup with fudge ice cream, chips, and hot man movies...perfect rehab. They came with me out of town where we met up with Deirdre and her boyfriend Derek at our apartment. Christopher and James also showed up and we rang in the New Year with style.



(My loves)



(Like a high school reunion...but with the people we actually like)

Family: All's good...spending lots of quality time with the familia...Christmas was lovely, been over to Grandma and Grandpa's a couple times, shopping with Mama, and out walking with Dad. Been good to catch up and pick up the pieces with those who love me.



(Dad found a holey tree)

School: Ready for new classes! I'm looking at medical parasitology, sociology, Organic chemistry and Physics. Gonna be a butt kicking semester, but I'm looking forward to being busy. Too much time off and I get antsy....and my brain and imagination are my worst enemies.

Now: I'm a little frustrated with myself as of now...I'm sick of putting up with crap in order to be in a relationship. I'm taking a break for a while to do a little self repair and reflection. I'm gonna do things that make me happy and healthy...hang with the girls, go to the gym, do whatever I dang well please. If I happy to meet someone during that time, great...if not...I have plenty of time.

Looking Ahead: I'm turning 21 next week...weird...I still think of myself as 16- Don't think it will be much of a change though....maybe, maybe not. SO EXCITED FOR SPRING BREAK! Deirdre and I got our passports this month and are heading to Canada for a few days. We are hitting Toronto....gonna catch some shows, museums and some exhibits. Not exactly the normal spring break somewhere toasty and sunny, but neither of us have been to Toronto and we are really looking forward to seeing the sights.

There you go, all caught up....and if reading a novel was on your list of New Year's resolutions, you can check that off.

1 comment:

jt said...

I am so very proud of you!
Love,
Aunt Julie
p.s. You don't have to eat the olives!!!