Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's time for the much awaited birthday post! Before I came back to school, Mom threw me a party with the family to open presents and have cake (and eat it too!). I got some really awesome gifts; I am so in love my Ipod shuffle...hot pink and clipped to me wherever I go. I also got a really cool martini set, complete with glasses, shaker, stand, olives and gin....tasty! I love it, and it looks so cute set up on our counter. I also received a hefty amount of cash, which is always appreciated :).

At 11:59pm on the 15th, the girls came upstairs singing happy birthday and each carrying a shot. At midnight, we played a little brithday edition of guess the shot...too much, too fast= bit of a rough morning.

That night, I went with a group of about 10 of our friends went to Applebees for appetizers and drinks. Everybody bought me a drink, and they were tasty! I had a sex on the beach and several shots...two I remember the names of: washington apple and a pineapple upside down cake...DELICIOUS!

Deidre and Me


Jordan and Me

And to finish up the festivities, we had a great party here for me and Derek, Deirdre's boyfriend, for our 21sts on Saturday. Megs and Di came to stay as well as James and Christopher. We had a great turnout and had a blast!

Sisters!


Our super happy faces...it's tradition- at least one taken at all gatherings


All the girls goofing around before the party started...


My favorite boys.


Today was back to class...we had Monday off, and things are just as great as they were before. I'm still loving my classes....Medical parasitology is the coolest class ever, by the way. We watch some pretty sick videos...I will spare you the details.

I have also been really productive with getting stuff done in preparation for the PA program. I called the daughter of a woman my Dad works with who just graduated from the program and she answered a ton of my questions and is setting things up so I can job shadow with her. She is also going to write me a letter of recomendation, which is huge because she is a graduate from the school I want to attend and they will recognize her name....EXCELLENT! Things are really starting to fall into place...keep your fingers crossed that it stays this way.

1 comment:

jt said...

Hi Sweetie! I love all your photos. You have some great friends, and it looks like you all are having a blast.
Love you!
Auntie Julie