Sunday, April 01, 2007

Dinner and A Movie

What a success! Last night was the formal I planned for the Student Alumni Gold Club. Several members of our club and their dates got all dolled up and went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Noto's in Grand Rapids. The food was PHENOMENAL!!! We had Ceasar salad, Alfredo Primavera, slivered beef, breaded sicilian chicken, duchess mashed potatoes, seasonal veggies and a dessert medley.....we practically had to be rolled out the front door! Mike and I drove down by ourselves and met everyone there. We sat with a really fun group; we were laughing the whole time!
Mike and I getting ready to leave for GR.
At dinner, lookin good in green! :D
Our table enjoying dinner.
Student Alumni Gold Club


After dinner, Mike and I took two of our friends, Deirdre and her boyfriend, Derek, with us to the IMAX theater in GR and met another couple, Shawna and Dave. It was so funny to see everyone turn, stare or even point at us. I guess not many people wear cocktail dresses or suits to the movies! We bought tickets to see 300, but arrived too late to sit all together. We split into the couples and dispersed throughout the theater. Mike and I were about 10 rows back....it was ridiculous! The IMAX screen was HUGE!!!! The movie was actually really good too. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but I really enjoyed it. It was really bloody and gory and that usually isn't my fav, but this had such a compelling story it didn't matter. After the movie, We drove Derek and Deirdre back to school with us. We got back around 1am or so and were so full and sleepy that we all crashed. What a great night!

No comments: