Monday, April 09, 2007

Big Changes, Bunnies, and Black Bars

Three weeks left! Three weeks left! WAHOO!!!! We only have three weeks of school left and I am soooooooooooo excited!

This last weekend was Easter break so I headed home for a bit of much need R and R. I was done with class on Wednesday so I went home that night. The next morning, I got up and got ready to head into town. I went first to sign up for my Certified Nursing Assistant class and found out some great news....I was originally informed that the earliest class they offered was the first week of June, but I was able to get into a class the week after I get done with school. No wasted time in between..yay! After that, I headed back home and off into the opposite direction to meet with people from my grad school of choice. They were so nice and so helpful. I was given a tour of the entire facilities (GORGEOUS) and was even able to meet with one of the heads of the PA department who actually interviews potential candidates. I got such great advice, and they were really impressed with my current grades and involvement....:D

On Friday, I was able to go in and job shadow with a PA for the morning. What a great experience! I was able to see everything from chest xrays to treating of sinus infections. And talk about throwing you right into the deep end... the first patient I sat in on was having a PAP smear, yikes! Good morning! Anyway, I absolutely loved the career and have a renewed sense of purpose here at school. I know what I want to do and how to get there.....now it's just putting in the time and effort.

Friday night, I had dinner at the Tyrrell's....mmmmmm tasty! Gotta get some cooking lessons in with Auntie J. It was really nice to sit down and chat with everybody....lots of stuff going on and I like to hear what people think.


Saturday night, I went to dinner with Meggy at Logan's. We then met Di and did some retail therapy at the mall. It was so nice to hang with the girls...thank God for good friends.
We found these absolutely ridiculous looking jumpers...basically top and shorts sewn together and just had to try them on. They were a little (okay, a LOT) low cut so I had to black bar us...


Yeah, we are hard core, collar poppin', jumper wearing gansta's...word to your motha....


Yesterday was Easter and it was a relaxed day for the family. My brother and I got up and found the Bunny had been good to us. I got tons of chocolate to last me through my finals :D. Mom also made dinner for us...mmmm tasty again! Gonna have to get some cookin' lessons from momma too! After dinner, I packed up my stuff and headed back to school....*sigh* I asked Mom and Dad if I could stay home and crochet blankets for a living while living off of them, but thye didn't go for it..... It was worth a try.

And the sad news... Mike and I broke up last night. We kinda called things off to think about our relationship over the weekend, but we talked last night and ended things. Things had been rough for a while...a lot of fighting and miscommunications. It was hard to do, because there were so many great things about him and so many ways that we were good for each other. However, communication is key in a relationship, and Mike and I never really clicked in that area. I thought over time as we got to know each other, things would fall into place, but they just didn't. We weren't meant to be, and you can't force something that just doesn't fit. It hurts now, but I know we will both be happier in the long run.




And now, back to the grindstone....lots of studying to do....big exam on Thursday and dang it, I'm going to rock this one!

3 comments:

jt said...

I'm so proud of you, Chelle-Belle! I know I say that a lot, but I mean it a LOT.
Love the dressing room photos. At least I sure hope they were taken in the dressing rooms and not out in public, coz those things are hideous. Even on you, and that's saying something, coz it's a rare piece of clothing that isn't greatly improved by the simple act of your wearing it!
Love you,
XOXOXOXOXO,
Auntie J.

jt said...

Chelle-Belle, Happy Belated Blog Birthday!!! One year ago April 9th you began this blog. And a fine blog it is... here's to many, many more years to come!
Love,
Aunt Julie

Anonymous said...

New post please! :)