Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Catchin' Up...

Ahh what a whirlwind these last few days have been! Recap time:

Thursday of last week I decided that Friday morning classes would be just fine without me and I packed up and went home. I needed a break from cubicle of a dorm room and dang it, I needed a hug from my Mommy.

Friday morning, my Michael's physics class shot off their trebuchets. They worked in small groups and all built these awesome machines. They flung pumpkins, water bottles, etc. It was so awesome to watch. Michael's group did AWESOME! It may be sisterly pride, but I think theirs was by far the best. It shot the most consistanly and launched that stuff!


Here is the trebuchet and if you look in the air, that silver blob is a 5lb weight they just launched.


And again....this time the blob is a big jug of water...sweet explosion when it landed too!!


Saturday and Sunday were nice relaxing days with my Mommy. I got a ton of homework crap done that I had been putting off for a while. Michael, Mom and I all went to dinner together(Daddy was out of town) at Logan's Roadhouse on Saturday night ......MMM Good food!

Yesterday I went to the library for a couple of hours to research for a paper due tomorrow...yeah I put it off a little. I hammered out 5 pages last night and finished the last 5 today. My research paper had to be 8 to 12 pages....on recycling..wa-freakin-hoo. Amazing how much crap I can pour out on to paper....I wish we got topics that fired us up and made us want to do our papers. But hey, whatever, I'm happy it's done.

Today, you can just call me miss productivity. I finished my paper this morning including all of the documentation of sources, spent an hour and a half at the library studying organic chemistry and even went running for an hour! Getting my crap finished and out of the way felt FANTASTIC!

To celebrate my productivity, I spent the rest of my evening lounging around. I went across the hall to see the Kaits. We were watching TV and saw an older woman with her hair in pig tails. We got talkin about it and decided the cut-off age for pig tails is 23 and even younger if you look stupid. Well, we had to compare pig tails and of course cameras were present.

We are so random....and I think my cut-off age was a long time ago....

Why is my mouth open?? *note to self: keep mouth shut in photos...you look goofy* Maybe we will bring the "pig tail look" back...followed by stretch pants, "winderbreaker" suits and sweatshirts with iron-on pictures and puffy paint...yeah I'm not holding my breath ;)

No comments: