Monday, September 18, 2006

Beyond the Gates of Hell....

This town is such a thriving metropolis of activity I just don't know what a group of college kids could possibly do! Oh, wait...yes I do; GO TO WAL-MART! Woo! I know you are jealous that you can't take sweet trips like mine.

So Friday night rolled around and me and a couple of girls from my floor decided to take a lil' trip to Wal-Mart and peruse the goods...and I definitely don't mean the locals. When entered the store we noticed it was all decked out for Halloween. We were oohing and aahing over the candy...until we saw the gates of hell (a blow-up entryway with a beckoning Grim Reaper). Now, being the adventurous types that we are, we couldn't just pass up a chance to pass through the gates of hell (never would have guessed the entrance to hell was at Wal-Mart...I would have figured it would be at Mejiers on a Saturday, but anyway...) Well, we passed through and what do you know....found more Halloween stuff....even pets!


Kirstie found an adorable kitten that just begged to be held....


And scratched under the chin. I think he likes it!


Deirdre and I found pets too! I found an adorable mouse and she found a feathered friend! Who knew Wal-Mart was the place for pets?


Tragically, our pets had to be left behind due to dorm pet regulations...nothing other than fish. Thankfully, the kitty found a good resting spot before we had even walked away. Those really expensive shirts should keep him warm for a while and I'm sure with a face like that, it won't be long until someone else adopts him.

No comments: