Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Zucchini Chips

Ever wonder what to do with all that extra fresh squash the summer season has to offer? Make chips!

Zucchini Chips
2 small zucchini
salt/pepper/seasoning

Cut the zucchini into thin slices...the thinner, the better. They will dry faster and will be crunchier when done.


 Place all the slices in a bowl. Sprinkle with a very small amount of seasoning. I chose salt, pepper and garlic powder. I put the normal amount of seasoning I would use if I were to saute them, but it was about double what they needed; the dehydrator makes the seasoning so concentrated! I also drizzled with olive oil, but I really don't think it was necessary so I don't think I would do it again next time. Mix the spices and slices well so they are all covered.

 Place all of the slices in your dehydrator and turn on. Leave running for about four hours or until all of your slices are completely dried and crunchy.
 Enjoy!

No comments: