Thursday, October 21, 2010

Never Too Old....

Tonight was a girls' night....much needed. My friend Keri and I went shopping around town to find things to make Halloween costumes. We then came back to my apartment and invited our friend, Bryanna, over to have some Witch's Brew and watch Hocus Pocus. Witch's Brew is a seasonal spice red wine that is sooooo delicious. We have a long couple of days with tests and class and just needed a night to veg out.

While watching the movie, I worked on my costume for this year. This Saturday, our program is having an Octoberfest/Halloween party where we are all bringing a fall dish to pass and dressing up in costumes. Normally, this wouldn't require quite so much thought, but our faculty is also invited so my costume needed to be something cute, and more importantly, appropriate for mixed company. After much deliberation, I finally had some inspiration.

My costume for this year is.....Jail Bait! I decided to find a black and white striped shirt, add the numbers for a jail uniform and then add a hook, bobber and line...a play on words :)

I found the shirt for 4 bucks at Walmart and bought all the fabric and ribbon; total cost was about 10 dollars. When I got home, I got to work cutting and sewing everything together. I stitched each piece- hook, numbers, and bobber and then used fabric glue to attach them to the shirt.


The finishing touch was a bit of silver ribbon for fishing line and Voila! Cute and appropriate costume!

I plan on wearing the shirt with long black leggings and high heel boots. If I remember to take one, I will post a pic of the whole outfit. Happy Halloween!

No comments: