Monday, August 09, 2010

Scrumptious Summer

Hooray for fresh produce! I guess the first harvest from my garden was only a hint as to what was to come; I'm up to my eyeballs in summer squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and plum tomatoes....yum, yum, yum. I went out and picked all the ripe veggies this morning and when I came in to wash them, I noticed just how many I actually had. I was trying to think of a fresh, summery dish that would use a lot of zucchini and tomatoes, so here is what I came up with:

Saucy Summer Salad
3-4 ripe plum tomatoes
2 medium zucchini
6 tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoon real mayo
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Mix the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and spices together, and place in fridge to cool.
 Cut the zucchini into thin slices.

Cube the tomatoes.

Place veggies in a bowl and cover with the sauce.

Stir well and serve chilled.

This salad is SO good! The zucchini are crunchy and the tomatoes are super sweet. I thought of using it as a side dish, but it with a small piece of garlic toast, it makes a great light summer dinner.

One word of caution however, this is not, I repeat NOT, a date night dinner....your garlic breath with burn the eyebrows off each other's faces.

No comments: