Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ping! Ping! Ping!

On my way home on Friday, I stopped at Papa's Pumkin Patch...I love that place. I love that the produce is local, just picked, the prices are right, and the people are sooooo nice. I CAN'T wait for Applefest there again this fall...woo! Anyway, I stopped in to buy some tomatoes for canning. I bought 50lbs of tomatoes and canned half of them today. I still have lots and lot and LOTS of salsa and peaches left over from last year, but I blew through the tomatoes I canned last year within a couple months. I love me some stewed 'matos! It's been a hot steamy day here in my apartment and a lot of hard work, but it's so worth it. I love being able to pull out a jar of tomatoes in the winter and use them in sauce or chili or even just eat, and have them taste so fresh.
Some of the tomatoes...getting ready for their bath...
Bath time!

Even Indy wanted to help....checking out the produce

Cleaning up dishes...
Even though he knows he's not supposed to...

Napping on the job.

It got too late to can the other half, but it will give me something to do tomorrow. I'm now sitting here, watching a movie and listening to the "ping" of my sealing jar lids....man, do I love that sound!

No comments: