Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thursday

Mom and I finally found the historic downtown of Amelia Island. We had been looking for a while and couldn't locate it...strage on such a small island. We finally got some directions from a waitress at dinner, and we headed out on Thursday. Downtown was awesome. There were tons of historical buildings and great little shops where we were able to pick up gifts for Michael and Dad as well as for my friends. I think my favorite purchase was the ring I bought for myself, though. i had been looking for a plain silver ring for a while and finally found the perfect one at a little Celtic shop. It is a plain interwoven, silver band known as the "celtic knot." I love it!

The downtown area is set back just a bit from the water, but the water is visible from almost everywhere...gorgeous! Mom and I ate lunch in a restaurant that was positioned just above the harbor where we were able to see the boats and birds. It was a perfect view.
Afer lunch, we headed out to different beach, the name escapes me at the moment, and we walked for a little while. The day was getting gray and windy so we headed back, but it was an excellent day while the weather lasted!

2 comments:

il siciliano di francia said...

LA MAMMA E LA FIGLIA BELLE TUTTE DUE CIAO COLUCCIO

كوكو الضعيف said...

hi ... i liked your personality alot .. actually i think u r a very good friend to anyone .. i hope i could be one of those
by the way the scene downtown was marvelouse i loved it and i loved your mom too
nice to meet your blog
my name is halim
i'm from egypt
i'm 28 years
byeeeeeeeee