Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cumberland Sound

In the state park where Fort Clinch is located, there is a very protected beach called Cumberland sound. This was the most amazing beach. On our walk out we were surprised to find a baby armadillo...so cute!

Mom and I spent the entire day there looking for shells and soaking up the sun. It was so warm and there was very little wind. She and I shelled for hours and found some really great shells...she even found a giant one..still full!

The beach was located next a long fishing pier flanked by huge boulders...gorgeous!



We stayed the entire afternoon and we able to watch the tide go out. We picked up some more shells and some sand dollars as the retreating water revealed them.


2 comments:

jt said...

Chelle-Belle, your photos of the trip are all beautiful. I've enjoyed the posts! I love the photo of your Momma holding the conch. And the ones of the two of you head to head are adorable. I also really like the photos at the fort, with all that amazing brick work. What a wonderful bunch of special memories for you and your Mom.
Love,
Aunt Julie

Charles Rinehart said...

Very nice blog. However you didn't include directions to the fishing pier. Is this something you could help out with? I want to go there on my next visit. Take care.