Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Little of This.....and That

Finally! A chance to sit down and do some blogging. Lots and lots and lots......and lots has been happing around here lately.

This last weekend, D, Kait and I, along with a girl named Natalie, went to a conference at Michigan State University for members of student/alumni groups. We drove there on Friday and stayed until Sunday morning. The conference was excellent. We had representitives from multiple schools give presentations on different activities that their universities participated in, and we were able to gather lots of good ideas of how to improve our club and its involvement in our university and our community.

During the evenings, we were free to explore campus and go out. We went bowling at the campus alley, went in the hot tub in the hotel and went for coffee at the campus coffee shop. D's brother goes to State, so he met us with some of his friends and took us out to some parties. All in all, we had a blast....fun nights meeting new people and interesting days of speeches and lectures.

Bowling in action!

"ugh! so pasty, but what can you do?"

Sunday, I was sooooo tired when we got back that I sat down on the edge of my bed and found myself buried face down in my pillows two hours later. Needless to say, not much homeworking was accomplished. Thankfully the next morning, I awoke to a wonderland of frozen streets and was able to go back to sleep for several more hours...hooray for cancelled classes!

Today I FINALLY got one of my tests back: Organic...with a 98.6% WOOT! I also get my medical parasitology exam back tomorrow....hopefully that kind of score again!

And last but not least, what a busy night! The girls and I had dinner, made chocolate chip peanut better cookies, watched the *NEW* episode of America's Next Top Model and went out to view the lunar eclipse. It was awesome...what a great evening!

No comments: