Thursday, May 17, 2007

Excuse Me Sir, It's Time For Your Sponge Bath

This past week I have been attending a class here in town. I am becomming a state certified nursing assistant by taking a two week course offered by our hospital. By working as a nursing assistant, I can earn patient care hours that will apply toward my graduate program application...yay! The class has one week of classroom training and then a week of training in the nursing home. The class consists of 8 students, all women. It has been really fun so far, but the days are long...8am to 4:30pm.

This last week we have worked in pairs to learn the skills we need for next week and for work in the near future. We dressed each other (no, not naked), combed each other's hair, brushed each other's teeth, even shaved each other's faces.....kinda close and personal with people I don't know, but I guess I better get used to it. Next week should be interesting...I'm a little nervous to be honest, but I'm excited to get out of the classroom too....

No comments: