Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What A Weekend!

Happy New Year! Hopefully your night was just as fun as mine...cuz mine was great! :D

Mike came to stay on Saturday. It was so nice to have him come stay. I was going a little stir crazy from missing him. We went with my family to Logan's Road House for dinner that night to celebrate Mom's b-day. Afterwords, Mike and I met all my friends at the bowling alley so everyone could meet him. (Okay...technically, it was a chance for my girlfriends to pass approval, which they did :D) Anywho....after a few terrible games of bowling, we all headed over to my friend, Matt's, house to play pool and his Wii. It was a blast and Mike fit in with my friends perfectly.

For New Year's Eve, Mom, Dad, Michael, Mike and I headed over to Aunt Julie's house along with all of the extended family. What a blast! We all made personal pizzas and sat around drinking margaritas and just enjoying each other's company. Mike seemed pretty comfortable with my family and seemed to fit in pretty well. Later, we all participated in an air hockey tournament. Dad won, but one of the highlights of the tourny was Mike getting his butt handed to him on a silver platter by Joyce. Nice job, Joyce!! ;) Everyone gathered to watch the ball drop and then headed home for the bed...except Mike and me. We went out to my friend, Mark's, house for a while. There weren't many people there and we were pretty tired so we only stayed for about an hour and then headed home. It was a really great evening and I was glad I was able to share it with Mike.

Last night, I made dinner for the family. I made Oven Crisped Orange Chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, and corn. It was yummy! For dessert, we had apple pie (I made the whole thing from scratch..including the filling *insert pat on back and big stupid grin here*) and vanilla ice cream. After dinner, Mike had to head home. He left here around 9ish, and I miss him already. I am glad he could come stay, but I can't wait to head back to school so I can see him again. Only a few more days!! :D

No comments: