Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Gonna Slap Him Upside His Bulbous, Over-Inflated Head....

Well, grades are in...
Medical Anthropology: A
Advanced Composition: A
General Biology: B
Organic Chemistry: C

Wait, what was that?? C in Organic??? I KNOW!!!! How is it that I can basically fail all the tests we had and still get a C in this class? The professor's curve must be more like a freakin circle! I swear to Pete...(NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION....We'll come back to that) I spent this entire semester nearly giving myself an ulcer. Apparently, the grading scale consists of: test grades, lab grades, general feeling toward the student, eenie-meenie-minie-mo and some dice rolling. Jeez...glad I got my undies in a bunch over that. Not that I am ungrateful for the nudge into passing land...I just think the whole power trip thing the professor had going wasn't really necessary....hence the title of this post.

Now- (from above) New Year's Resolution Explanation....
I know it's a little early, but I already have my New Year's resolution all ready to go. *Drum roll please*: I am going to clean up my language. Apparently, I have been channeling my inner sailor for a while now. Nothing like a little foul language to class a girl up....

So, here's the plan:
Step one- swearing is out...fillers are okay...shoot, dang, crap, friggen, etc. However, figgen may be borderline...jury is still out.
Step two- No more "God" exclamations....which is where Pete comes in (I don't know any Petes so that is why I used that name...plus I just like it) Listen for more phrases like "honest to Pete", "Mother of Pete" or the good ol' standbys of "Honest to goodness" and "goodness gracious"....hmmm maybe this step is a little overboard... blue hair dye anyone?

2 comments:

jt said...

Good job on the grades, Chelle-Belle!!!
or should I say, Holy Cow, good job on the grades!
I still like, Oh my heck, good job on the grades!
Oh, Boy! Golly Gee! Dag-na-bit! Oh, Brother! Gee Whiz!
Love,
Aunt Julie
p.s. friggin, freakin... definitely nautical, IMHO.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to use the word BLAST!!! as an exclamation of joy, or defeat... perhaps adding it to your vocabulary would be of choice!!! :-)