Monday, December 18, 2006

And She's Back in the Game.....

Hey there..I'm back!! I know, I know...thank God, right? ;) So much has happened in such a short amount of time! Wanna know what's been going on? Well, too bad..I'm going to tell you anyway and if you don't like it, you can leave.

First off: Tall, Dark and Handsome, aka Mike, and I are officially a couple. Wahoo, I know. *insert my happy dance here* He is such a sweetheart..none of that crap the girls told me about him being a jerk has been at all apparent. We exchanged gifts and he got me the newest Deirks Bently CD, The Devil Wears Prada DVD and a box of chocolates. However, not just any chocolates...he went all over in search of a box that was filled with only coconut filled dark chocolates...MY FAVORITE! Delicious! He also gave me a small key and heart charm on a chain....he said it was the key to his heart....AWWWWWWWWWWW Makin' ya sick yet?? ;)

I am finally home for Christmas break. I thought this semester was never going to end. Umm Organic Chemistry??? Freakin kill me..... I'm pretty sure I bombed that final. I have to retake the class for sure because the grade is no where near high enough to get into optometry school. However, I found out before the final that I could OUT AND OUT FAIL the whole class and still have a high enough GPA to stay in the honors program...so a little pressure was taken away. I also had a Biology final, but thought it wasn't that bad. I will get all of my final grades tonight after 7pm....I hate that they take so long to be posted. Ulcer anyone?

I totally revamped my schedule for next semester. I decided not to take Organic Chemistry 2 with the professor I just had because we obviously didn't work well together. His teaching style didn't match my learning style and I refuse to kill myself again next semester just to have to retake the class again anyway. I am going to wait until next year and start with orgo 1 and go through orgo 2 with a different professor. I would have taken a different professor this semseter, but the one I want is on sabatical for a year... crap. Anyway, I switched some classes around, dropped a couple and added some new ones. So here it is:
*Biology 2
*Human Anatomy and Physiology
*Human Sexuality
*Principles of Accounting
Hmmmm a little science, anyone?

Went to the dentist and the optometrist today. Good news: no cavities. Bad news: My vision prescription radically changed. Apparently I am blind..okay, not really....but I couldn't see far away before and in the last 2 years I have developed pretty bad astigmatism and now have trouble seeing up close as well as far away. I am currently trying contacts and *good lord almighty* they are difficult to get used to. It took me about 7,895,976 tries to get the friggen things in at the office....and of course that process ruined my eye makeup. I left looking like somebody rubbed my face in the carpet and then made me cry. The doctor even said I looked like I was in a fight...lovely, thanks. I was doing fine seeing out of them earlier, but just in the last hour or so they have gotten kind of hazy on me...maybe I should go clean them. (If there is a lot of typos in this post, I apologize...I can't see the screen very well.)

I am going to try and keep up with the posts over break, but I have to do them from my home computer. My laptop....aka the crap heap.....has been sent in to the manufacturer to be fixed..AGAIN. Anyway-I'll be back, but don't expect an everyday appearance...I can only handle so much dial-up internet. ;) Phew...Feels good to be back!

No comments: