Sunday, July 12, 2009

Veggie Overload

I have been using my food processor every chance I get...I LOVE that thing. Two days ago, I used fresh raspberries from Mom's garden to make my own raspberry lime vinaigrette dressing....so good!

Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette

1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tbs lime juice
1 tbs chopped oregano
1 tbs chopped thyme
1 tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil

Place berries in processor and chop until juiced. Add herbs and garlic. Chop until well mixed. Add lime juice and oil. Chop until completely blended.

This evening, I made my oen veggie pasta sauce....it was delicious!

Veggie Pasta Sauce

1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 large roma tomatoes
2 tbs minced garlic
6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
2 sprigs Fresh Oregano
10 leaves Fresh Basil
3 tbs butter
6oz tomato paste

Use food processor to chop celery, carrots, and onion into small pieces. Place chopped veggies in a skillet with butter. Cover and cook at medium heat.

Place tomatoes in processor and chop until a juicy paste forms. Add to skillet. Blend canned tomato paste with minced garlic and fresh herbs.
Add to skillet.
Stir well and allow mixture to simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. Serve over pasta.

I chose to place the sauce over tri-color bow ties. I also sauted fresh green beens with garlic as a side.


Dessert was equally delicious....vanilla bean ice cream with fresh raspberries from Mom's garden and chocolate drizzle....YUM!

No comments: