Thursday, July 09, 2009

Things I Love...

I don't know how I have lived this long without a food processor.


Mom and I went shopping last night and I bought a little, 3 cup food processor from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I love hummus and pesto and wanted to be able to make my own; it's so expensive from the store! I cut some of my fresh basil and used the processor to make pesto tonight. Oh. My. God. It's amazing. I'm in love.


Here was dinner:

Pesto Tomato Pizza

Ingredients:
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 vidalia onion
1/2 cup pesto
pepperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
whole wheat crust

Spread pesto on crust. Cut tomatoes into small chunks and place in food processor. Chop until cut into small pieces. Spread on top of pesto. Repeat with onion. Cover onion and tomatoes with pepperoni slices. Cover pepperoni with a thin layer of shredded parmesan cheese and then a thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Place in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust edges are browned.

Pesto:
1 cup packed fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 light olive oil
salt/pepper

Chop walnuts/ pine nuts in food processor. Add basil and chop until well mixed. Add garlic and chop again. Add all of oil and pulse chop until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.

DELICIOUS!!

No comments: