Friday, October 26, 2007

What's Happening....

Hello all! Yes, I know it's been quite a while since my last post. I have been pretty buried in school lately, so my blogging had to be put on the back burner for a while. I currently have about five weeks of class yet, and I CAN'T WAIT for this semester to be over. The combination of classes are causing me quite a bit of stress, but I am mucking my way through. I actually have an Organic Chemistry exam this morning, and I woke up at 6am to review again before I go. I'm now just doing a little relaxing to try and calm myself before I head over. I am seriously struggling in this class, again....I think I am missing that chunk of the brain that is wired for this stuff. Fortunately, I talked to Central, where I want to go for grad school, and they said not to worry about it. If I don't get a B this time around, next semester I will take Fundamental of Organic (easier hopefully) because that is all they actually require. Technically, the pressure for orgo is off, but I still put pressure on myself to do well....hopefully I can pull through this morning and rock this test. Keep your fingers crossed, por favor. :)

In other, less school related, areas of my life, IT'S HALLOWEEN WEEKEND!!! My favorite time of the year :D. This weekend is going to be a blast! Chris is coming to stay with me tonight and we are planning on hitting a costume party with my roomates. Tomorrow, Deirdre, Kait and I are headed to Grand Valley to tailgate/help in the alumni tent for the football game versus our school. We are planning on leaving at about half time and heading back here to get ready. Then it is out to another costume party at a friend's place. We are so excited.....we are going as "the plastics" from the movie Mean Girls. I am Regina so I will have a long blonde wig; it looks really classy, ahem white trash, with my black eyebrows. It's hilarious...I will post pics next week. : )

Some exciting news, at least I think so: I have a date next weekend! I should probably throw in at this point that Owen and I broke up a while back....he treated me like and obligation and an embarassment so I finally told him that I couldn't take it anymore. It was instant relief....like a ton of bricks removed from my chest....sometimes I wonder why I stay with things for so long when they are obviously so bad for me. Anywho....back to the happy news....Mom set me up on a date. Yup, sounds funny, but he is soooooo great. We have been talking for the last week or so for about an hour every night, and we have a ton in common; he is super easy to talk to. He is a new teacher at the school, just graduated from Central, and just bought a house in the area. He is super sweet and I can't wait for next weekend! He is coming out to the house and bringing his dog so we can take our pups for a walk, go quadding, have a bonfire, etc. OOO! If you can't tell, I'm excited. :D :D :D

So now you have two things to look forward to.....pics of halloween and juicy tidbits about my date.....I know you are excited ;)

No comments: