Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saying Goodbye




He called me Honeybunch. He spent endless hours throwing a Frisbee with me in the yard. He played multiple games of "house" with me and my kitchen set and pretended to eat meals upon meals of plastic food. He watched me ride my bike around the neighborhood for hours. He lifted me up to climb the trees in their yard. He let me win every game of darts. He read me Ali Baba and the King of Thieves every night before bed when I stayed at their house. He taught me to fish and rowed me around the lake until I caught a keeper. He loved toothpicks. He had a great sense of humor, gave big bear hugs, and will be missed more than he could ever know. I love you, Granddad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. He would have loved it. What's really special is that you made sure he knew that you loved him when he was still with us. Lovely post, and you're right...he will be greatly missed.

Mama