Monday, January 31, 2011

Snot-sicle Weather

Class has been clipping right along so far this semester; it's already the start of week four, but it feels like we just started back. I can't say that I'm surprised; our program added two classes to our total for the semester so we are currently taking 10 classes. Yep, that's 30 graduate credits. Time management is going to be an art form, that's for sure. Currently, my schedule consists of getting up at 6-630am to go to the gym, class till about 6pm and then studying until bed. It sure makes the day go by quickly! Thankfully, the semester doesn't seem to horrible because I enjoy most of my classes; somebody please remind me of this when it comes time for my 10 exam midterm week.

With my schedule being so nutty, I really have to plan ahead if I want to have free time during the weekends. This last weekend was one such occasion; Mom invited Brandon and I to "double date" with them at Zehnder's Snowfest in Frankenmuth. We arrived in Frankenmuth around 1pm, but it took us over a half an hour to get to the parking area; the area was absolutely packed with traffic and crowds. When we finally parked the car, we were able to catch a shuttle back to the main part of downtown where the majority of the festivities were being held. We wandered with the crowds admiring the snow and ice sculptures.

After a couple of hours, we had seen pretty much everything and had had enough of the crazy crowd and the cold. We hopped back on the shuttle and headed back to our parking lot at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. We then spent about an hours shopping at Bronner's...such an incredible and HUGE store! It was a nice ending to our afternoon in Frankenmuth. We all enjoyed the festival, but doubt we would go again simply because of the amount of people that were there; I think the best part of the trip was spending the time together.






On our way out of Bronner's, we happened to notice the lovely manger scene in front of the store...


 It was cold, definitely booger freezing cold, but these are some serious snot-sicles.

No comments: