Thursday, May 06, 2010

Bigger and Better

What a whirlwind month! Blogging has taken a back seat to cleaning, packing, unpacking and organizing, but things have finally calmed down enough to catch up. I finished working on the 27th of April and can’t even explain how happy I am to be done. I enjoyed working with my patients, but was pretty burned out. A full time schedule in that line of work really drains me and makes me enjoy going to work each day less and less. I appreciate the experience that I gained while working these past few months, but it was time for me to move on to bigger and better things.


And speaking of moving on, I have moved into my new apartment with Deirdre. I cleaned up and hauled all my crap across town with lots, and lots, and LOTS of help from Mom, Dad, Michael and one of his friends….I owe a lot of people “thank-you” dinner. We got everything moved in on Friday and by Friday night, I had everything unpacked and organized; I hate going to sleep with all that mess looming over my head. I was a little worried about the apartment to begin with; I wasn’t sure I was happy with the space. It is smaller than my last apartment and not as nice, but it is also about 500 dollars a month less in rent and utilities. However, after unpacking and decorating the space, I have really fallen in love with our place. Indy didn’t like the move to begin with, but we are both slowly adjusting.

Deirdre moved her things in on Sunday and we have been enjoying the apartment and each other’s company this past week. She and I lived together during undergrad at Ferris and got along very well, so I hope this year will be similar. We have invited several friends over for a “housewarming” BBQ tomorrow and I can’t wait for everyone to see the new place!

Pictures will be up soon, I promise!

No comments: