Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Festivities

I'm a lucky, lucky girl! It was my brithday last Friday....the big 22. I went home Thursday night after classes to have a family birthday party. We opened gifts (ch-ching...thanks everyone!) and had cake and ice cream. My birthday present from Mama and Daddy arrived in the mail that day too, so I got to open it.....my snowboard, boots and bindings!!

Friday, I headed down to Grand Rapids to Andy's apartment. Megan, Diana, Kaitlyn, Deirdre, Derek, Matt, Ann and Ryan also came to hang out before we headed out. As a special birthday surprise, Matt made me a pinata filled with little trial bottles of liquor and mini snickers. Andy and Matt also suprised me with a double layer, confetti cake with giant "22" candles lit on it....delicious!




Later that evening, the whole group headed out to Mojo's, a dueling piano bar. The bar has two floors: downstairs is the band, and upstairs is a DJ and dance floor. When we got there, Andy and the girls put in a request for the band to sing to me for my birthday. However, they didn't just sing...they spot-lighted me out in the crowd and called me up on stage. Once up there, they had me sit on the piano and began to play "you've lost that loving feeling." The singer then called up all the guys who wanted to, to come sing to me.....loved it!






After my birthday song, the girls and I did a couple of rounds of birthday shots and a little dancing. I had a blast, but managed to wake the next morning with no post-birthday hangover....very happy/proud of myself for that one.

The following day, Sunday, Andy, Matt and I went to Pando, a ski hill in GR. We snowboarded for a couple hours (LOVE my new board!) and then went snow tubing with Andy's co-workers. They were there for their Christmas party, and then the whole group headed out to The Timbers for dinner.

I didn't have class on Monday because of MLK Jr. day, so I was able to re-coup, and get some homework done. It was the perfect end to a really, really great weekend!

1 comment:

jt said...

How fun, Chelle-Belle!!! You look like a movie star on that piano... what a great 22nd birthday memory! I'm glad you had such a fun evening with Andy and all your friends. Loved the pics!
XOXOXO,
Auntie J.