Monday, July 07, 2008

It's A ZOO Out There!

We've been adventuring....Andy and I did end up going to the zoo the last day I was in GR. It was such a fun day and I got a lot of really great pictures. I loved the spider monkeys...so animated!
There were wild ducks in most of the pens, including the spider monkey pen, and one was brave enough to try and steal some lettuce....

However, a monkey came hauling down to the rocks, scared the duck off, stole that one piece of lettuce and hauled it back up to his perch. He didn't eat it...just held it in his tail. Apparently, sharing is beyond him.

We also saw Gorillas...

Komodo Dragons....

Lions...

Warthogs...

....and river otters.

This little guy was asleep way up on the rocks and when we walked by, he ran over, struck a pose just long enough for me to snap a shot and then ran back to hide.

My favorite part of the zoo had to be the sea exhibit though....I loved the walls of water filled with fish and sea plants....GORGEOUS!

The zoo creatures weren't the only animals caught on film...we got some pictures of us too, of course :)


No comments: